Safer Europe Without Falsified Medicines Conference
Safer Europe Without Falsified Medicines Conference will be held during the period of the Estonian Presidency of the EU Council and supports Estonia’s priorities as the ICT projects leader in Europe.
The aim of the Conference:
- To understand the current state of implementation of the safety features of medicinal products at the European Union level and in Member States
- To identify the challenges for stakeholders and governments in implementing the safety features of medicinal products
- To develop ideas for coping with challenges
The Conference will address the subject of implementing the safety features of medicinal products in the European Union (Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/161). The main focus of the Conference is on the practical aspects of the preparations made by governments and stakeholders, also including legal aspects of the process and the implementation of IT solutions on national and European Union levels. By February of 2019 all EEA countries should run IT-based detection systems for all prescription-only medicines to detect falsified medicines in the legal chain.
Representatives of EU Agencies of Medicines, civil servants from health sector, representatives of National Medicines Verification Organizations, representatives of international and local pharmaceutical manufacturers, pharmacies and pharmaceutical wholesale organizations are expected to participate in the conference. Journalists and representatives of related sectors are also welcome to the conference.
The Conference will be organised in co-operation with:
- Ministry of Social Affairs
- Estonian State Agency of Medicines (SAM)
- Association of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers in Estonia (APME)
- European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- European medicines verification organisation (EMVO)
- European Healthcare Distribution Association (GIRP)
- Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union (PGEU)
- European Association of Euro-Pharmaceutical Companies (EAEPC)
- Medicines For Europe (MfE)
- Estonian Pharmacies Association (EAÜ)
- Estonian Association of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers (RHL)
More information and registration: http://fmdconference2017.eu/